Defne Ayas, Director:
- Joins Board of Tällberg Foundation
- Joins the 1st Cleveland Triennial as Curatorial Correspondent
- Gives the annual Keynote Lecture at University of Hawai‘i (as part of The Dai Ho Chun Endowment for Distinguished Lecturers); participates in a panel at Honolulu Biennale March, 2017
- Jurymember of Projections for Art Rotterdam 2017.
- Serves on the Tällberg Jury for Global Leadership Prize 2016. Leading up to the ceremony on 29 November 2016 at De Balie, Amsterdam, she co-moderates a public session on 28 November, revolving around the question: 'What kind of leadership is required to meet the challenges of the 21st century?'. Among the speakers are: Celine de Sola, Sunitha Krishnan and Christina Figueres.
- Lecture on Performance at Art Bogota on 29 October, as part of ‘The Subtleties of the Argument’.
- Returned from studio visits at HISK (Hoger Instituut voor Schone Kunsten), Ghent.
Natasha Hoare, Curator
- Selects participants for the New Art Section for Art Rotterdam 2017.
- Is nominator for the Prins Claus Award 2017.
- Takes part in de Appel's Curatorial Programme Summit You're Such A Curator! on 23 November 2016.
- Curated the exhibition Self-Reflection at the Freud Museum, London (28 July – 25 September 2016).
- Published essay ‘The Faustian Knot: Geo-Cultural Exhibitions’in Ibraaz magazine.
- Published interview with James Richards, in ExtraExtra Nouveau Magazine Erotique.
Yoeri Meessen, Associate Director Education & Public Affairs
- Presents the Prize for Young Dutch Art Criticism at MUHKA, Antwerp on 16 December 2016.
- Joins a panel on innovation at cultural institutions, during the conference Cultuur in Beeld on 7 December 2016, an organization of the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.
- Co-curates Public Works 2016, six large scale arts commissions in Utrecht.
- Co-authors the manifesto towards a new Arts Curriculum (CKV) for Rotterdam.
- Hosts a session with The New School Collective at the Dutch Design Week 2016, as part of the program of the Stimuleringsfonds Creatieve Industrie, Making School (22 October).
- Joins the Rotterdam Partners International Advisory Board Culture workgroup (IABx).
Sarah van Overeem – Van der Tholen, Business Coordinator
- Compiles the program for the conference Corporate Collecting on 9 February during Art Rotterdam 2017.
- Participates in panel discussion on Development & Fundraising on Buma Classical Convention (13 October 2016).
Samuel Saelemakers, Curator
- Selects participants for the first Open Air Section for Art Rotterdam 2017.
- Curates 2nd edition of Bit Rot for Museum Villa Stuck, Munich (29 September 2016 - 8 January 2017). Bit Rot by Douglas Coupland was on view at Witte de With from 11 September 2015 – 16 January 2016.
- Hosts a talk with Alexandre Singh at FIAC Art Fair Paris, on the occasion of the ‘Causeries’ book Launch, a Witte de With Publishers project. More about Causeries.